Our practice is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. NuSystems is committed to meeting those needs with a satisfaction guarantee. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.
We are experienced, professional, and passionate about IT service management.
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.
Terry Allen, MBA
HDI Manager Certification, ITIL Foundations, previous HDI Support Center Certification Auditor
Broad experience in project management, technical support management, services improvement projects, service desk and desktop services consulting, sales, and training. I have a rare combination of organizational management, project management, consulting, technical, writing, and presentation skills, in both IT support and general call center environments. Proficient in understanding and improving business processes and organizational issues, as well as planning and communicating at all levels. I have a passion to assist organizations improve their support effectiveness and efficiency and have been recognized by the world’s largest IT service and technical support membership association as an outstanding service professional.
Consulting: Identified and analyzed business support requirements; designed, implemented, transitioned, and improved Help Desk/Customer Support organizations and processes; assisted in sourcing decisions; prepared centers for industry Certification; organized and conducted focus groups; aligned functions with business needs (e.g., service catalog, SLA); anticipated problems and utilized troubleshooting techniques to recommend solutions/improvements; timely and accurate management reporting. Experience as HDI Support Center Certification Auditor.
Project Management/Business Analysis: Analyzed business processes and service operations for documentation and improvement. Successfully managed projects of varying sizes, including desktop and help desk implementations and Windows 7/Office rollout, on a local and nation-wide basis; used project planning and management techniques and tools; anticipated problems and recommended solutions; timely and accurate management reporting.
Management: Managed Service Desks and Desktop support organizations including recruiting and hiring, employee training and development; organizational skills, ability to interact with all levels of management and staff. Interfaced between executives and user community. Created two Help Desk/Desktop support organizations; managed four. ITIL Foundations and HDI Manager Certifications. Developed strategies and created business cases for improved support technologies. Started and managed a support center outsourcing practice.
Written and Oral Communications: Project documentation, business cases, proposals, business reports/letters, project documentation, knowledge management documentation, user guides, promotional brochures, technical manuals; business presentations, executive briefings, demonstrations; excellent customer service skills.
NuSystems Consulting July 2010 - Present
Provide independent consulting services for various clients in IT service and support arena.
- Performed support center assessments to prepare clients for Support Center Certification and/or improvement program.
- Consulting with HDI to update Desktop Support Practices survey and Support Center Certification standards.
- Assist client with project for improving ticket quality and reduce abandon rates.
- Analyzed/audited many Help Desk operations, including Texas Instruments and Saudi Aramco.
- Assisted clients with Team Excellence Award applications.
- Provided general assistance and technical editing services.
- Presented numerous topics at HDI chapter meetings.
- Participated as a Subject Matter Expert at HDI 2011 Annual Conference.
CompuCom Systems, Dallas, TX August 2004 - July 2010
Senior Project Manager, Client Assistance Center April 2005 – July 2010
Responsible for improving efficiencies of our support organization through use of improved business and support processes and technologies. Also provided RFP/proposal and sales support for our field product and services account sales teams.
- Analyzed/documented current processes; identified bottlenecks, proposed and implemented improved/standardized business processes.
- Identified and implemented automation technologies.
- Served as business systems liaison between call center and IT; managed relationships between call center, IT and project stakeholders.
- Managed desktop upgrade and Windows 7 implementation project nation-wide.
- Evaluated and identified industry trends for call/support centers.
- Developed key performance metrics and created reports.
- Administered Aspect telephony/IVR system.Served as business systems liaison between CAC and IT.
- Handled hardware procurement.
- Responded to RFPs for our products and services.
- Created sales materials, support and user guides.
Sr Operations Manager, Service Desk Operations August 2004 – April 2005
- Managed our Field Support Operations team
- Managed Help Desk for client, MD Anderson Cancer Center, in Houston
- Led team that won HDI’s Team Excellence Award
Buchanan Associates, Irving, TX August 1993 - July 2004
Director and Senior Consultant, Technical Services
Responsible for creating and growing Buchanan's help desk/desktop support services line of business.
- Provided consulting services for clients; responsible for creating and growing Buchanan’s help desk/desktop support services line of business; transitioned client help desks for outsourcing.
- Created and managed new help desk/desktop support services line of business. Hired and trained staff, sold our services to outside clients. Grew to 10 clients in US and Canada.
- Established, staffed, and managed the Help Desk operations (Level 1 and Level 2) for Buchanan’s largest client, Bell Helicopter.
- Re-engineered a number of existing Help Desk operations for clients
- Developed methodology used for evaluating and designing support services operations, including structure, processes, and tools.
- Transitioned client help desks for outsourcing; negotiated Service Level Agreements
- Monitored quality of our client Help Desk support activities.
- Taught courses to our Help Desk personnel on customer support and problem-solving skills.
- Presented Help Desk best practice seminars for clients.
- Scoped, proposed, and directed nation-wide desktop roll-out projects.
- Project Leader in implementing corporate-wide mission-critical application. This included executive contact and training of over 250 client employees in its use.
MicroAge Computer Centers
Systems Engineering Manager
· HDI (Help Desk Institute)
o Member – 14 years
o Officer – 12 years; Chapter President – 6 years
o Past President/Chapter Adviser – 4 years
o Member of National Advisory Council – 4 years
o Support Center Certification Auditor – 3 years
o Member of International Industry Standards Committee – 2 years
· ICMI (Institute of Customer Management Inc.)
· itSMF (IT Systems Management Forum)
· ITIL Foundations
· HDI Support Center Manager Certification
· HDI Analyst Certification
· A+ Certification
MBA – University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA (MIS)
BS – California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA (Physics)
A partial list of clients:
Union Pacific Oil
MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston)
Entertainment Publications (Michigan)
Saudi Aramco (Saudia Arabia)